Buying property in Turkey is an easy and secure process. Key points to consider are presented below:
- As of recent legislation, foreigners are allowed to purchase property in Turkey provided that the property is located in an area permitted by the Military, and within the boundaries of a Municipality;
- Title deeds in the peninsula area are issued by the Bodrum Deed Registry;
- However, please note that, even within the permitted areas, sales to foreigners require the approval of the Turkish Military located in Izmir;
- Currently, time required for Military approvals take approximately 8 – 12 weeks;
- Applications for clearance by the Military will be handled by our office, alternatively the applications can be handled by your lawyer based on your preference.
If you would like to receive further information on the subject or for additional discussion please contact our Bodrum office.