Take a look at this inspiring video about Mallorca – Discover your passion to live here in your own home!
Mallorca combines like no other distination so perfectly lifestyle and vibrant city life with unspoiled nature, idyllic coves, wonderful beaches and fashionable marinas. Just two hours from most European cities, the island welcomes its visitors with Mediterranean light and pleasantly warm temperatures.
The perfect connection of Palmas international airport and an excellent selection of international schools make the island one of the most sought after addresses in Europe.
Mallorca is the capital of the Balearic Islands with a completely distinctive character to that of its neighbouring islands with a unique landscape and atmosphere. In recent years, Mallorca has been identified as one of the best places to live in the world and increasingly outside investors are attracted to its easy lifestyle and mild sunny climate.
Recent figures issued by the National Spanish Notary Association demonstrate that foreign investment in residential property in the Balearic Islands has doubled since 2008 where foreigners bought a total of 3,571 properties. In Mallorca, foreign investment has grown from German speaking countries, the UK, Scandinavia and Russia and it is hoped that buyers from further afield will be encouraged to invest in this region with the Spanish Government‘s „Golden Visa“ legislation for non-European investors.
There are several reasons behind this:
- The location of Mallorca in relation to its European neighbours: the island is strategically situated in Europe, easily accessible with a major international airport.
- Price adjustment during the crisis means residential property offers good investment opportunities before prices start to increase.
- Compare other similar hot spots around the world: (see graph below) and prices for prime property in Mallorca has enormous potential for growth
- Climate, sophisticated infrastructure, quality lifestyle & security
- Strict building regulations combined with the fact that 40% of the island is protected territory restricts development and maintains Mallorca‘s environment