Laveno, the Portofino of Lago Maggiore

Laveno , is one of the most important tourist, climate, cultural and historical sites of Lake Maggiore.

Called by some the ” Tourist Capital of the eastern shore ,” Laveno has been synonymous with “country of Ceramics” and it is also set in the last few decades , until 2011, as a center of important initiatives to promote tourism and cultural heritage. Climatically and scenically favorite , thanks to its sheltered natural bay and impressive south exposure.
The earliest records date back to Roman Laveno. The country was the center of commercial importance , whose testimony today , is in some ways its weekly market which is held on Tuesday and that has given a continuity. In the same period begun the ceramic industry, deployed in the area that is now home to a new residential district . Laveno Mombello was the scene of important pages in the history of which remain today in testimony , the ” Fort” , located on the gulf towards Cerro (privately owned ) and the barracks of point S. Michael, who for years was home to the famed Sailing Club East Lake Maggiore, breeding ground for great sailing champions such as Tiziano Nava ( multiple world champion and tactician three times in “America’s Cup”) , and today the home of the Navy League.
In Cerro , the Cloister inside the Palace Guilizzoni ( today Palazzo Perabò ) hosts the Civic Collection of Earthenware – designed by Vittorio Longobardi and organized by the Municipality with the support arch. Antonia Campi (click the link to see one of the houses designed by her).
Today Laveno has become focal point for the forced passage of international tourism, both to Switzerland, that towards the Piedmont side and vice versa.

In Laveno two overlapping rail networks. At the end of the Ferrovie Nord Milano, and transit station for the Ferrovie dello Stato ( Italian Railways Networks ) connected on one side with the Milan – Gallarate and Laveno -Novara , on the other hand with the Laveno- Luino -Bellinzona . There is also the line of the navigation of Lake Maggiore , which, with ferryboats , and the boats , which allows to reach the resorts on the Piedmont side of Lake Maggiore, allowing connection to all the riparian countries of the two shores . For road traffic converge on Laveno three major road links : the No. 69 provincial Laveno- Luino and then to Switzerland , the Laveno- Angera to sixth Kalends and the Milan- Alexandria, Voltri- Sempione and Laveno -Varese , which then connects with the motorway to Milan.
Laveno Mombello also boasts the presence of large ceramic artists from Costantini to Reggiori , the honorary citizen Antonia Campi .
Laveno enjoy the cable car to the ski lifts of Lake Maggiore, on whose summit , in St. knoll EISA is also deployed a panoramic restaurant situated over a thousand meters , 18 rooms with panoramic views.

Villa on the lake

Impero Hotel 1950′s

 

Luxury villa on the lake

Dock in 1950′s

 

Villa with direct access to the lake

Cochi&Renato in Laveno

 

Lake view apartments

From the cable car

 

Prestigious apartments at lago maggiore

Il porticciolo

 

Prestigious houses at lago maggiore

Molo Laveno


Array
(
)