Winter is upon us which means we can expect a rainy few months ahead. The DistrictMail-team compiled this list of great things to do in the Helderberg once the winter boredom sets in.
1. Go see a movie at the Somerset Mall.
2. Visit one of the many local pubs showcasing live bands and jive the cold away.
3. Visit Gallery 91 in Somerset West to sample great art, curios and food.
4. Go wine tasting at one of extraordinary wine farms like Lourensford or Vergelegen.
5. Visit the local theatre in Somerset West, the Playhouse for a more cultured experience.
6. Join one of the many local hobby clubs like the Strand Blomme-klub and learn a new skill.
8. Go sample some local bear at the Triggerfish microbrewery.
9. Prepare for your favourite festival, the Winter Wonderland in Gordon’s Bay, kicking off on 27 June.
10. Visit the second hand book shop in Gordon’s Bay and stock up on your winter reading material.
Courtesy: Staff reporter District Mail