For anyone who didn’t know: A kitchen remodel can add a substantial return on your investment. If you’re looking to sell up in the near future, or simply want to add a bit more value to your property, completing a kitchen renovation could make all the difference to those final figures.
Before drawing up the plans to your new luxury kitchen suite, browse through our guide to this year’s top renovation trends and craft a space that’s perfect for both cooking and socialising.
1. Update worktops with engineered quartz
Marble, granite, and slate have long been the go-to materials for worktop upgrades, but they’re joined this year by quartz. Engineered quartz offers the ageless look of a natural stone material and yet is made even more alluring thanks to its low maintenance properties.
This composite is crafted from approximately 90% natural quartz and therefore glitters with the crystalline details usually found in this mineral. The remaining 10% includes a blend of pigments, resin, and polymers that create a sleek, pore-free worktop. This kitchen renovation update offers many practical benefits sure to tempt the pragmatic chef, including its scratch-resistant and anti-bacterial qualities.
2. Decorate with natural neutrals
Rather than adding a pop of colour to your kitchen, consider instead stripping the paint away to reveal the raw beauty beneath. Opt for a simple neutral colour palette to match a selection of warm and natural materials, like exposed brick, metal piping and timber.
Wood is a timeless central material to incorporate into your kitchen design. You can integrate natural wooden materials easily – look for reclaimed pine shelving, mahogany bar stools, or a laminated cherry worktop. This material also falls right in line with the perennially popular Scandinavian minimalism trend.
3. Appeal to the amateur chef with stylish cookers
Design a kitchen fit for avid foodies with a modern range cooker. Though it may seem like a kitchen renovation basic, a new range cooker lends both style and substance to your space that frequently doubles as both a practical area and an entertainment hub. Top-of-the-line models like the Wolf dual fuel range cooker offer extra features like an inbuilt pizza stone and griddle pan, while the retro-styled Delonghi Vintage 90 range adds cast iron wok supports to its five gas burners and multiple ovens. An impressive range cooker is an investment that adds substantial long-term value to a kitchen, particularly in today’s era of television chefs.
4. Leap into the future with smart appliances
We’ve noted that high-tech appliances were a prime component of 2016’s dream kitchen, and this year our cooking spaces are getting even smarter. This type of kitchen renovation can be easily adjusted to scale – you can completely redo the room with all-new stainless steel appliances, or simply add a feature here and there. Touch-free faucets and Wi-Fi connected refrigerators provide futuristic flair and practical benefits.
Everything from your oven to your digital scales can be connected to Bluetooth and monitored remotely, making kitchen tasks a breeze. Rather than tucking your appliances out of sight, these bold pieces are made to be left out front and centre. Look for futuristic designs that enhance a sleek and seamless aesthetic.
Undertaking a kitchen remodel is a time-honoured way to give any home a face-lift. By incorporating this year’s standout kitchen renovation trends – blending natural materials with next-level technology – you’ll be able to create a truly standout space.