Dual Course of Study
You have passed your school-leaving exams or are just about to? You want to aim high in your career and are just as interested in the practical side as the theoretical side of the industry? In that case Engel & Völkers is just the right address for you. First-class cooperation partners and an international network give you the very best prospects for a successful career ahead.
For cooperations with other universities please look for current offers in our global job market.
Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) – Business Administration (HSBA)
In cooperation with the Hamburg School of Business Administration (HSBA), the Engel & Völkers company headquarters is offering the opportunity to undertake an excellent dual course of study in the heart of Hamburg.
The study course enables you to gain expertise specific to the real estate industry and qualify in Property Management by entering examinations at the “Handelskammer Hamburg” at the same time.
- Three-year course of study in Business Administration, graduating with a Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.), based at university and in the company.
- A wide range of hands-on experience in our market and staff/service departments in the company headquarters.
- Theoretical phases at the Hamburg School of Business Administration (HSBA).
- Examination in Property Management at the “Handelskammer Hamburg”.
- Opportunity to complete a practical phase of the course abroad.
Example of the practical phases:
Practical phase 1: Understanding the Engel & Völkers business model / Deployment in licence distribution and licence support, as well as getting to know a shop or commercial office
Practical phase 2: Familiarisation with our staff and service departments
Practical phase 3: Deployment in Marketing and our Social Media team
Practical phase 4: Optional: Time spent abroad in one of our Metropolitan Market Centers (MMC) or with one of our licence partners worldwide
Practical phase 5: Period of intensifying knowledge of a particular field, in line with chosen focus of studies
Practical phase 6: Bachelor thesis
- You have the very best chances if your performance at school is exemplary across all subjects.
- You have very good grades in German, Maths and English to round off your excellent school-leaving grades.
- You should find dealing with figures and PCs just as enjoyable as dealing with people and languages.
- You are communicative, with strong organisational skills and a high degree of self-initiative.
- You are very familiar with Microsoft Office products and Social Media applications.
You will impress us if you can show us how our values of competence, exclusivity and passion already play an active part in your life. Engel & Völkers operates in 32 countries, so you will be at a great advantage is you are fluent in another language alongside German and English, and if you have already spent time living abroad.
- Fast assumption of responsibility during the course of your studies.
- Engel & Völkers undertakes to pay a share of your university fees.
- Support provided by a mentor based in one of our specialist departments and from the Human Resources department.
- Individual nurturing of your strengths.
- Attractive location in the heart of Hamburg. The HSBA is only approx. 500 metres away from our company headquarters.
If you wish to apply for the course starting in the Winter Semester (October 1st), please submit our online application form from October of the preceding year onwards.