The County of Split-Dalmatia
The County of Split-Dalmatia is the middle coastal region of Croatia on the Adriatic Sea. The region is characterized by its beautiful coves, private beaches, islands and inlets. Due to the rugged coastline and numerous islands of all sizes, outdoor activities such as diving, yachting and kayaking are very popular in this part of Croatia.
The Dalmatian coast is known for its warm and clean sea, constant winds and beautiful wooded islands.
Dalmatia can be divided into three subregions along the coast:
- North Dalmatia has lots of small islands and deep, connected inland. This subregion corresponds to Zadar county and Šibenik-Knin county of Croatia.
- Central Dalmatia has several bigger islands, like Brac and Hvar, with mountains close to coast and separated inland. It is administrated as Split-Dalmatia county of Croatia.
- South Dalmatia is a narrow strip of land around Dubrovnik, with weak connection to inland. This subregion corresponds to the Dubrovnik-Neretva county of Croatia.
It is obvious why Engel & Völkers must be represented in Split and its county: because in Croatia it is the place to be…
Available franchise areas in Dalmatia:
- Brac: Largest island in Dalmatia.
- Hvar: Forth most populated island of Croatia.
- Makarska: Located on a horseshoe shaped bay between the Biokovo mountains and the Adriatic Sea.
- Split: The second largest city in Croatia.