Our team of retail services experts puts itselfin your shoes – after all, locational advantages can be planned.
Detailed market insights and local knowledge are the key to success. The longstanding experience of our consultants in the field of retail and commercial space rentals ensures integrated and professional support. We are intimately familiar with the complex interplay between location, sector, type of operation and any arising synergies. You will receive reliable forecasts for your strategic and operative actions. For best results, we combine analysis, consulting, space procurement and contract management, so that you can negotiate successfully.
Unlike in other big cities, the Berlin retail world is distributed across several top shopping streets that are located throughout the city. Berlin’s six prime locations are situated in the historic city centre in the district of Mitte, in the “city west” in Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf and in Steglitz-Zehlendorf. In addition to shopping streets, more than 60 shopping centres enrich Berlin’s retail trade industry. As a populous city and favourite tourist destination, Berlin has a very high retail turnover at EUR 18 billion. This revenue potential makes the capital enormously attractive to national and international retailers.
Our service for owners – efficient marketing strategies
Successful marketing of commercial real estate begins with well-thought-out planning and a coherent rental concept. Our modular range of services for owners and investors is tailored to suit individual requirements profiles. Regardless of whether location analysis, property evaluation or profitable space marketing is initially needed – or all-inclusive support for a shopping street project – our real estate experts’ market knowledge pays off for you in the long term.
- Location analysis anddevelopment forecast
- Current market requirements and market positioning
- Extensions, annexes, conversions, alternatives to previous use
2. Market price assessment
- In-depth propertyvaluation
- Goal definition and earnings prospects
- Comparison of competing properties
3. Marketing strategy
- Building and space optimisation
- Planning and implementation of targeted marketing activities
- Target groups
4. Rental process
- Viewing appointments
- Obtaining rental offers
- Credit checks and preliminary negotiations
- Documentation and reporting
Our service for tenants – comprehensive market knowledge
Whether you consult with us as a retail chain or as an independent retailer, whether you require conceptual advice for your business model, detailed location analysis or professional support in finding the optimal retail space: Engel & Völkers Commercial is always at your side with in-depth regional and property-specific expertise. Through valuable contacts with local owners, we often learn about planned projects at an early stage – and can offer you strategic recommendations for your operative actions.
1. Needs assessment
- Site and locationrequirements
- Utilisation of space
2. Market analysis
- Market monitoring and market trend forecasts
- Analysis regarding the space, location and market situation
- Price levels
3. Property selection
- Comparison with ourexisting portfolio
- Comparison with the space overview based on runtime monitoring
- Comparison of unused, not actively marketed portfolio properties
4. Leasing process
- Location selection
- Comparison of selected properties
- Comparison of specific criteria and benchmarks
5. Conclusion of contract
- Supervision of leasenegotiations
- Optimisation of existing leases
How can we help you?
We will be happy to answer any questions you may have about your real estate needs.
Joachimsthaler Straße 110623 BerlinGermany
Phone +49 30 203460Fax: +49 30 203461346
Mon - Fri from 9 am to 6 pm