1. Where is Albir in Spain?
L’Albir, or Albir, is a small beach resort town located on the northern part of the Costa Blanca, on Spain’s eastern Mediterranean coast. It is situated right between Altea and the city of Benidorm and sits very close to the town of Alfaz del Pí, divided only by the N-322 highway.
Frequently Asked Questions about Albir
1. Where is Albir in Spain?
2. How big and populated is Albir?
Albir is a small town, with a total land area of only 19.26 km². Nonetheless, the town has quite a number of residents, with a total population of 5,162 as of 2018, according to the Instituto Nacional de Estadística. More than 53% of the population is comprised of non-Spanish citizens and expats which gives it a rich and cosmopolitan culture.
3. What kind of place is Albir and what is it known for?
Despite being small, Albir is a modern, spacious, and clean town, characterized by wide tree-lined streets, spacious parking areas, and boulevards dotted with palm trees. It is a popular relaxing holiday destination, ideal for families or those who want to avoid the hustle and bustle of larger towns. Albir offers a lifestyle close to nature, with the comfort and convenience of modern amenities nearby.
4. How far is Albir from Alicante Airport?
The town is approximately 63 kilometres from the Alicante International Airport (Alicante-Elche Airport); that equates to a travel time of around 44 minutes by car via the A-70 and AP-7 highway on light traffic conditions.
5. How do you get to Albir from the Alicante Airport?
• Car Rental Service – Rates depend per company, can be booked in advance online or by phone. This is one of the fastest ways to Albir and is available any time depending on your preferred schedule.
• Taxi Cabs – Many taxis are on standby in the Alicante Airport and are available 24/7. Fares range at around €80.
• Bus – You can take a bus from the Alicante Airport to Altea, then ride a taxi the rest of the way. This will cost significantly less than taking a taxi from the airport. Bus fare is €10 per person.
• Shuttle Direct – Airport shuttles can be found in the airport, and even have an option of booking online. The fare costs around €8.
6. Is Albir near Valencia Airport?
Being situated midway between two airports, the Alicante International Airport to the South and the Valencia International Airport to the north, Albir is close to both. While Alicante Airport is nearer, Valencia International Airport is only 1 hour and 30 minutes from the town.
7. How far is Albir from Benidorm?
As a town sandwiched between Altea and Benidorm, Albir is very close to the city of Benidorm, with a travel time of only 12 minutes by car. You can visit Benidorm from Albir via:
• Tram / Train - €1 per person one way
• Bus - €2 per person one way
• Taxi - €8 - €10 depending on traffic conditions
8. Does Albir have a local bus?
Yes, Bus Line 10 is a local bus that travels from Benidorm to Alfáz del Pí, Albir, and Altea, and vice versa. While the bus starts and ends in the bus stations in Benidorm and Altea, it stops to pick up and drop off passengers across different bus stops in Albir. Fare is €1.50 per person on a single journey, whether it is one-stop or the whole length of the trip.
9. What are its surrounding towns or cities?
Altea, Benidorm, and AlfázdelPí are Albir’s surrounding towns, given that it is sandwiched between Altea on the north and Benidorm to the south, with the town of Alfáz del Pí situated right next to Albir on the west.
10. What is the climate like in Albir and is it cold during the winter months?
Albir’s climate is usually described as sunny and mild, with relatively cool air. The warmest months are July, August, and September, with temperatures reaching a maximum of 29°C daily. The months of April, May, October, and November, are arguably when Albir experiences the most pleasant weather, with average temperatures between 20°C – 25°C.
It can get cold from December to January when temperatures can vary between a pleasant 20°C to a chilling 6°C.
11. What is the best way to explore Albir?
• Car Rental Service – An ideal way to explore all of Albir and its surrounding towns of Altea, Benidorm, and AlfázdelPí is by car.
• Bus – Locals buses such as the Bus Number 10 and the Benidorm Sightseeing Bus Number 31 are great in traveling across Albir and its surrounding towns, as well as in seeing the town’s sights and attractions.
• Bicycle –As Albir is a small and charming town, you can choose to rent a bicycle to explore its sights, and ride across its scenic trails.
• Walking – Albir is a lovely place to explore on foot. Hiking trails can easily be found in Albir’s natural parks and reserves, and most popular establishments are within easy reach. Walking around the town is an easy and enjoyable experience.
12. What are things to do when in Albir?
There are many ways to enjoy Albir: a peaceful town rich in nature, scenery, and history. From fascinating historical villas and medieval castles serving up buffet dinners to lovely beaches and refreshing parks, Albir provides plenty to do for a relaxing and memorable time. Click here to know what a full experience in Albir will be like.
13. Where are the best beaches in the town?
• Playa de Racó de l’Albir – Albir’s most famous beach that has received the European Union Blue Ribbon award many times over for its cleanliness, high quality, and scenery, this beach is over 600 meters in length, with sandy shores and stunning views of the Altea harbour and the Calpe Rock.
• Playa de la Roda. Just a few minutes from Albir, in the nearby town of Altea, this lovely pebble beach offers boating and snorkeling activities and features eateries and shops along its promenade.
14. What is the nightlife like?
While the town has plenty of bars and restaurants, the nightlife in Albir is more on the quiet side. An evening out on the town can be best enjoyed in one of its lovely cafés while enjoying the fresh air and peaceful atmosphere. If you prefer a wild night out, however, the nearby city of Benidorm offers an exciting and unique nightlife experience, with plenty of places to go pubbing, clubbing, or enjoy dinner while watching a live show. Benidorm is very near Albir and there are several transport options.
15. Where is the best place to live in Albir, and what type of holiday accommodations does it have?
As Albir is a small town abundant in nature and scenery, anywhere can be a great place to live and settle down, depending on your preference. Whether by the beach, on the mountainside, or in the town centre, Albir makes for an ideal hometown—offering a healthy, relaxing, and quiet lifestyle close to nature.
There are many kinds of holiday accommodations available in Albir; from villas overlooking the sea, to modern apartments in a convenient location in the town centre, you can find the best one for your lifestyle and preferences. You can visit here to easily find your ideal accommodation for the duration of your stay.