When it comes to buying new flats in Barcelona, we feel the urge to own something that has never belonged to anyone else. Nowadays, buyers acquire innovative, cutting-edge properties with modern architectural trends.
The technological advances in terms of telecommunications, facilities and construction materials are significant in relation to new building constructions.
These buildings generally provide parking spaces in the same building, elevator, sensor lighting systems, alarms, climate control, energy-efficient appliances, etc.
New construction developments in Barcelona
Faced with a few years of crisis in the sector, the new economic circumstances in terms of loan access and reduction of unemployment, give a sense of general improvement, especially in the real estate sector.
Buyers are getting the impression that the prices of flats and other types of properties in Barcelona are starting to stabilise. There is a greater demand for property development and new construction projects. That did not happen until very recently.
It is also evident the intervention of international investment funds are increasing the real estate deals.
This market growth with new developments in Barcelona covers practically all neighbourhoods, from the most confluent areas such as Sagrada Familia, Diagonal Mar, Sagrera, Pedralbes, Galvany, Eixample, Gràcia, etc.
The advantages of new housing developments
- Better location. Although these are not central areas of Barcelona, the new buildings in more recent areas provide a higher quality of communications, many transport options, and new infrastructures for schools, commercial areas, etc.
- The new projects offer all kinds of comforts for the buyers, from swimming pools, private surveillance to elevators, etc. In addition, with the acquisition of new developments, renovations are avoided.
- The new projects are adapted to energy efficiency regulations in order to reduce pollution.
- Better taxation scheme on newly built homes. VAT can be added at a later time.
The best new construction developments in Barcelona
In Engel & Völkers Barcelona, we have a large stock of new developments in Barcelona. Some very interesting examples are:
• New Project Muntaner - Eixample: 14 newly built apartments with excellent finishes and different facilities.
• New Project Plaça Universitat: Located in the heart of Eixample you can find a modernist development with high-standing finishes.
• New Project Sant Gervasi: Next to Plaza Kennedy in Barcelona.
• New Project Santa María del Mar: with solid wooden floors and ceramic features.
• New Project Roselló - Passeig de Gracia: A unique project due to its location and architectural value.
• New Project Poblenou: A unique building with 6 types of properties.
• New Project Son Rich Residences: Exclusive urbanisation with unbeatable views in the heart of Costa Brava.
• New Project Turó Parc: 5 luxurious apartments with communal pool and two parking spaces
• New Project Port Badalona Residencial: Housing development located in an unbeatable area
• New Project Drassanes: In the southern part of Raval and Ciutat Vella, we find a renovated property with high quality characteristics
• New development Palau de la Música: Dared and innovative concept