Find a place to call yours
Back

Dicover The Heritage Homes Of Mallorca

Special properties - Heritage Homes.

We are proud to present some Heritage Homes here in Mallorca, often called “possessiós”, which are on the market with us.

Son Sastre, Calvià

The origins of these estates go back to 1229 when King Jaime I conquered the island. Son Sastre dates back to 1450 when it was owned by Fernando Ferrer who was originally a lime producer.

Today, Son Sastre estate covers approximately 296 hectares (731 acres) in the Calvià region. The current owners have restored the estate preserving the architecture, the exposed stone façade, wooden shutters and many original features inside including the wooden beams and the remains of the estate’s original olive oil press “tafona” has been preserved. An original cross with a bell below is located on the roof of the main house dating back to the time when the estate was owned by a bishop – the house was then used as a monastery.  

Stunning and well-established Mediterranean gardens surround the property with views to the mountains and ancient stone walled terraces planted with olive and almond trees. Additional features include a large garage, a tennis court, swimming pool, covered terraces, established Mediterranean gardens and a helicopter landing area. Its position ensures complete privacy in a tranquil and peaceful environment.

Son Cos, Santa Maria

Son Cos is one of the largest historical Mallorquin “possesiones” located in the Santa Mariá area. It is located on top of a hill and has wonderful panoramic views across Sa Cabaneta and Sant Marçal church with views across to the Sierra Tramuntana and Palma.

The main house originally dates back to 1486 and in the 16th century the estate was acquired by the Dolcet Cós and passed onto Juanot Cós and from that time the estate was known by the family name. In the 18th century the house was restored in baroque style which was popular at the time. Behind the classic style façade with a grand terrace that leads off to the claustra and a patio which is reminiscent of “palacios” in Palma Old Town. Beside the main façade there are some outbuildings which house the “tafona” and the olive oil deposit, the bodega and the cowshed.

Up until the 19th century this was an agricultural estate producing almonds, carob, olives, wheat and wine. The estate was a large producer of olive oil. Today, the estate covers approximately 100 hectares (247 acres) which is dedicated largely to almonds and carob crops and in recent years almost 10,000 almond trees have been planted. The estate also has a hunting licence.



Es Rafal

Es Rafal de Planicia is an historic country estate set in the Tramuntana Mountains of the northwest coast of Mallorca – a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

Between 1640 and 1999, Es Rafal was the country estate of a single Spanish noble family – the Marqueses de Campo-Franco. The main house is dating back to the 16th century or even earlier. It is surrounded by over 57 hectares (140 acres).

The property is built of thick stone walls around a large central courtyard. All original and traditional features have been preserved, including an historic defence tower, almost certainly the first building on the site, probably dating back to the 12th century.

Es Rafal comprises stone-wall-terraced olive groves with over a 1000 trees (some of them as much as a thousand years old), fruit trees, lush forests of Mediterranean oak, and majestic mountains. The estate produces its own certified organic olive oil carrying the prestigous D.O. (denominacion of origin) label. Certified organic honey is also produced. In 2016, Es Rafal’s bees were awarded the prize for “Best Organic Product of Mallorca“. This year, 2018, the bees won yet another prize, this time a Silver Medal at an international organic honey competition in Italy.

Horses, donkeys and sheep graze freely on the land. There are numerous natural springs of mountain water that serve the house and provide irrigation for the organic agriculture, as well as providing water for freshwater pools. Nature and peace permeate this unique estate, and the most spectacular views can be enjoyed in every direction.  



Can Martorellet, Pollensa

This mansion estate dates back to the 15th century and is one of the few remaining estates of its kind in the valley between Pollensa and Cala San Vincente that retains its original architecture and character.  

The main house once featured a tower dating back to the time of the Moors which was used to defend the property. The remains of this tower can be seen in the upper part of the building which retains some original “Arabic” features.  

The estate covers some 244 hectares and was used to raise animals, cereal crops and olives were the main activity on the estate which has plenty of water (some of the land sits on a subterranean river) there are 3 separate wells on the estate, a water mill (now overgrown) and two natural springs.

In the front of the main house is the original “swimming pool” and there are natural springs bringing water from the Tramuntana Mountains down to the pool via a system of aqueducts.

Can Martorellet offers privacy, peace and quiet and yet is easily accessible.



Son Curt, Alaró

Originally constructed in 1600, Son Curt is located on the old road to Alaró Castle with views across the Sierra Tramuntana and its famous “twin mountains”.

At one time, the estate had hundreds of olive trees for the production of olive oil not only for the estate’s own use but also to sell in the nearby village of Alaró. The original olive oil mill, called “tafona”, is complete which is quite rare.

Apart from olives, oranges also grew in abundance together with many other fruits including a couple of chestnut trees together with a range of vegetable crops. Animals were also raised on the land to provide milk, meat and skins/wool.

Water flows directly from subterranean streams under the Alaró mountains down to the estate and through to a stream “Torrente de Sa Mata” where water still runs in the wetter winter months. A watermill once pumped the plentiful water around the fields and ancient dry stone walled terraces. There is a large open water deposit (used as a swimming pool in recent years) and a small cave where a statue of the Virgin Mary still stands.

The main house features a chapel where a weekly mass was celebrated by everyone living on the estate. On the door of the chapel there is written testimony to every member of the family.



Contact us now
Engel & Völkers
Licence Partner Mallorca

Opening Hours

Mo - Fr: 10:00 - 18:00

Follow us on social media