This data protection statement for the use of the website www.engelvoelkers.com/majorca/westcoast (hereinafter referred to as "the website") is valid as of 25 May 2018.
Balearics Property Partners S.L. in its function as the responsible body (hereinafter referred to as "Engel & Völkers") hereby informs its users that their personally identifiable data will be processed in the following ways when they use the website:
● Personally identifiable data (e.g. e-mail address, given name, family name, title, address, telephone number – hereinafter referred to as "data" or "personally identifiable data") provided by users when they register with the website (e.g. via contact inquiries and newsletter subscription);
● Personally identifiable data transmitted by the user's internet browser each time they access the website. This data is stored in log files, which are also known as server log files. This data includes: IP address (Internet Protocol address) of the accessing computer; name of the page accessed; date and time of access; related URL from which the user accesses the page; amount of transmitted data; status message for successful access; session ID number.
Purpose of Data Processing
Engel & Völkers as the responsible body processes website users' personally identifiable data for the following purposes:
● Fulfilment of user inquiries (e.g. handling contact inquiries, handling requests for regular e-newsletters with advertising information on property listings from Engel & Völkers)
● To allow users to register on the website;
● Technical management of the website and its operative features, including the resolution of technical problems, statistical analysis, tests and research;
● To prevent fraudulent activity or misuse of the website or in connection with the website;
● In order to comply with the requirements of the applicable laws, to protect the security of an individual and the rights and property of Engel & Völkers and to prevent deception or security or technical problems.
The legal basis for the processing of personally identifiable data is Art. 6 I lit. a, b and f of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The legitimate interest of Engel & Völkers entails the processing of personal data for direct marketing purposes per Art. 6 I lit. f GDPR.
The Nature of the Provision of Personally Identifiable Data and the Consequences of Refusal
The provision of personal data by the user is voluntary. You can freely decide whether to provide personally identifiable data to Engel & Völkers and you may revoke previously declared consent to the processing of personal data. This revocation may lead to it no longer being possible to use the Engel & Völkers website.
The processing of users' personally identifiable data is done only where necessary and is done exclusively electronically, in particular by: Collection, registration, organisation, storage, consulting, processing, modification, selection, extraction, comparison, use, interconnection, access and communication, blocking, deletion and destruction of data. The processing operations can be performed electronically and non-electronically.
Access to Data
The personally identifiable data are processed by Engel & Völkers, in particular by
● Employees and consultants who are entitled to administer the website and provide the related services;
● Third-party companies (e.g. IT service providers, hosting providers, etc.) to which Engel & Völkers has outsourced services with processing operations as part of order processing.
Information about Data
As the responsible body, we can provide information about your personally identifiable data. This information can only be provided for the following purposes:
• In the case of fulfilment of legal obligations or obligations under regulations and directives of national or European legislation;
• For defence in court in cases of legal dispute.
Transfer of Data
If your contact request concerns products or services from other companies in the Engel & Völkers Group, Engel & Völkers will transmit the personally identifiable data you enter in this case to the respective company from the Engel & Völkers Group per your previous granting of consent.
There will be no further transfer of your personally identifiable data by Engel & Völkers.
Transfer of Data to Non-EEA Countries
In general, Engel & Völkers does not transfer personally identifiable data to non-EEA countries.
The servers used by Engel & Völkers are located within the European Union.
Storage and Deletion of Data
Engel & Völkers stores personally identifiable data in connection with a contract for the duration of the retention period specified in the statutory provisions.
In addition, Engel & Völkers stores your data in connection with the receipt of commercial information up until you revoke your consent from Engel & Völkers.
Rights of the data subject
You are entitled to receive information about the processing of your personally identifiable data (for example the origin of this data, the purpose of the processing, the modalities of data processing). Furthermore, you are entitled at any time to object to the processing of data for the future, to restrict it, or to demand the deletion of the data. Finally, you can prevent the sending of promotional material or the execution of market research or commercial communications at any time.
To summarise, you have a right to:
- Deletion (or to be forgotten),
- Limitation of data processing,
- Data transferability,
- Object to the processing of your personally identifiable data,
- Complain to supervisory authorities.
To exercise the above rights and request information, users can write to the following e-mail address email@example.com or the postal address Balearics Property Partners S.L., fiscal address in C/San Miguel, 68-A 8º, 07002, Palma de Mallorca, España. In the same way, users can revoke, correct and delete their data at any time.
The responsible body for data processing is Balearics Property Partners S.L., fiscal address en C/San Miguel, 68-A 8º, 07002, Palma de Mallorca, España. If you have any questions about our data processors, we will be happy to provide you with an up-to-date list of them.
If you have a complaint about the way we process your information, you can lodge a complaint with the regulator. This is:
Agencia Española de Protección de Datos C/ Jorge Juan, 6 28001-Madrid (España)