Data protection information for Engel & Völkers Santa Cruz de Tenerife – EV Luxury Homes Tenerife S.L.
Our data protection information is structured as follows:
• you are visiting our website or the property app
• you are concluding a search or marketing agreement with us
• you are contacting us by phone or Internet, visiting our shop or attending one of our marketing events
• you are contacting us by postcard
• we are looking for residential property for you together with another Engel & Völkers licensee (referral)
• you are sending us an unsolicited application or an application based on a job advertisement
DATA PROTECTION INFORMATION FOR VISITING THE WEBSITE AND THE PROPERTY APP
This data protection information applies to the use of the website https://www.engelvoelkers.com/en-es/santacruzdetenerife/ (hereinafter referred to as "website") and the property search app, a mobile application for property searches (hereinafter referred to as "property app" and is valid from 13rd of December 2019.
The following information applies to both the website and the property app, unless expressly stated otherwise.
Engel & Völkers Santa Cruz de Tenerife – EV Luxury Homes Tenerife S.L. in its function of responsible authority (hereinafter also referred to as "Engel & Völkers Santa Cruz de Tenerife") informs its users that by using the website, personal data about them will be processed, in particular:
• personal data (e.g. e-mail address, first name, surname, title, address, telephone number – in the following "data" or "personal data") provided by users at the time of registration on the website (e.g. in connection with contact requests and mailing of newsletters)
• personal data transferred from the user's internet browser each time the user accesses the website is stored within log files, also known as server logs. This data comprises: IP address (Internet protocol address) of the accessing computer; name of the accessed site; date and time of access; related URL from which the user accesses the site; number of transferred data items; status report of successful access; session ID number
By using the property app, personal data about them will be processed, in particular:
• e-mail address, first name, surname, title, address, telephone number provided by users at the time of sending an enquiry
• whenever the app is accessed, the usage data of the respective app user is saved. This data comprises: operating system used and, if applicable, the browser type, current language setting of the smartphone, information about the Internet service provider of the user, name of the retrieved page and, if applicable, the origin page, date and time of retrieval, amount of data transmitted, status report on whether the retrieval was successful, session identification number
Purpose of processing
Engel & Völkers, as a responsible authority, processes the personal data of website users for the following purposes:
• fulfilment of user’s requests (legal basis is contract performance and the legitimate interest of Engel & Völkers in transferring contact requests within the Engel & Völkers Group to the appropriate company. The above “Engel & Völkers Group” comprises Engel & Völkers AG and its domestic and foreign associated companies in terms of the German Companies Act Sec. 15 ff, and the (master) licensees affiliated with this group of companies. A current listing of these licensees can be obtained here: https://www.engelvoelkers.com/de/unternehmen/standorte/)
• the forwarding of e-mail newsletters on the company’s own offers and advertising by the company or third parties to the legally permissible extent or based on consent (legal basis is the legitimate interest of Engel & Völkers in direct marketing, providing this is in accordance with the data protection and competition rules)
• analysis of the website for determining user behaviour (legal basis is the legitimate interest of Engel & Völkers in analysing user behaviour on our website for the purpose of continuously improving this or adapting it to the interests of our users)
• identification and possible blocking of users who have installed a so-called adblocker and who thereby block advertising (legal basis is the legitimate interest of Engel & Völkers of providing users who do not block advertising with wholly or partially web-financed offers)
• in order to prevent fraudulent activities or misuse on the website or in connection with the website and to observe the legal stipulations for safe websites (legal basis is the legitimate interest of Engel & Völkers in remedying errors, guaranteeing system security and identifying impermissible access or access attempts)
The legal basis for the processing of personal data is GDPR Article 6(1)(a), if the processing is based on consent, Article 6(1)(b) if the basis for processing is a contractual relationship and Article 6(1)(f) if the basis is the legitimate interests of Engel & Völkers.
Engel & Völkers, as a responsible authority processes the personal data of property app users for the following purposes:
• fulfilment of the requests of the app users (legal basis of the data collection is the consent of the user in accordance with Art. 6(1)(a) EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)). Analysis of the property app to determine usage behaviour (legal basis is the legitimate interest of Engel & Völkers in analysing user behaviour in our property app for the purpose of continuously improving this or adapting it to the interests of our users)
Nature of supply of personal data and consequences of objection
The personal data is voluntarily provided by users. They may freely decide whether to make personal data available to Engel & Völkers and may subsequently withdraw their consent from the processing of personal data which have already been made available. Withdrawal may mean that the Engel & Völkers website is no longer usable.
Users’ personal data may only be processed in case of need and processing will be performed electronically only, in particular by way of: gathering, registration, organisation, storage, consultancy, processing, amendment, selection, extraction, comparison, use, interconnection, access and communication, blocking, deletion and destruction of the data. Processing may be carried out electronically or non-electronically.
Access to data
The personal data is processed by Engel & Völkers and (in respect of individual items) particularly by:
• employees (permanent employees such as job-holders and independent property consultants) and consultants authorised to administer the website and property app and provide the associated services
• third-party supplier companies (e.g. IT service providers, hosting providers, etc.) to which Engel & Völkers has outsourced processing services as part of a job processing agreement
Information about the data
As the responsible authority we are able to provide information about your personal data. However, this information may only be given for the following reasons:
• in the case of fulfilment of legal obligations or obligations arising from regulations and guidelines under national or European laws
• for defence in court in the case of a legal dispute
Disclosure of data
If your query relates to offers from other companies of the Engel & Völkers Group, Engel & Völkers transfers the personal data entered by you in this case to the respective company from the Engel & Völkers Group with your prior consent or on the basis of its legitimate interests. Other than this, your personal data will not be disclosed by Engel & Völkers.
Disclosure of data in non-EEA countries
In principle, Engel & Völkers does not transfer personal data to non-EEA countries without your consent. The servers used by Engel & Völkers are located within the European Union.
If your query relates to companies of the Engel & Völkers Group outside the European Union, we communicate your data under your consent.
In cases where personal data is transferred to countries that do not offer the same level of protection as within the European Union and you have not expressly agreed to the transfer of your data to those countries by way of your consent, Engel & Völkers will ensure that certain contractual obligations under applicable data protection law (including the execution of standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission) are agreed with each service provider, unless Engel & Völkers can invoke other legal grounds for the transfer of personal data.
Saving and deleting of data
Engel & Völkers saves personal data for the time necessary for achieving the purposes for which the data was gathered and processed, including any storage period stipulated under the applicable legislation (e.g. retention of bookkeeping vouchers) and in any case for a maximum of 36 months after the personal data was gathered.
In order to improve website browsing, Engel & Völkers uses “cookies”. Cookies are small text files, generally consisting of letters and numbers, stored on the user’s web browser on their PC and containing pseudonymised data. Cookies allow a website to recognise the user’s computer in order to follow searches made on several pages of a website and to identify users who return to a website. Cookies may have technical, analytical or profiling purposes.
The direct and indirect cookies used by Engel & Völkers are summarised here: https://www.engelvoelkers.com/en-de/privacy-policy-ag/doc/ev_cookies_lp.pdf
The website uses the following technical cookies:
• for storing language selection _icl_visitor_lang_js, _icl_current_language, evlocale
• for storing selection of measuring units engelundvoelkersconfig
• for storing last search requests LAST_SEARCH
• for storing the watchlist ID watchlist_id
• for storing test reference within AB tests user_ab
• for storing references to distributed systems in load balancers BIGipServergroup-rz-webfe-prod
Engel & Völkers informs users that they may deactivate or remove cookies in their web browser by following the instructions on the following links:
• Internet Explorer (https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies)
• Mozilla Firefox (https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored)
• Safari (https://support.apple.com/kb/PH19214?viewlocale=en_US&locale=de_DE).
The website also uses analytical cookies set by third-party providers, e.g. Google (see also provisions on use of analysis programs and tracking tools) and Adroll (https://www.adroll.com/de-DE/about) /Privatsphäre) and Haufe (https://de.onlinehelp.umantis.com/index.php/Cookies).
In more detail:
a) Google Analytics
Engel & Völkers uses the web analytics service Google Analytics from Google Inc. (“Google”) for analysing the use of websites. The information generated by cookies about the use of websites is generally transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. Engel & Völkers uses Google Analytics solely with the extension "ga ('set', 'anonymizeIp', true)", in order to ensure that IP addresses are only processed in a shortened version and in order to prevent direct references to individual persons. Google may transfer data to third parties if this is prescribed by law or if third parties process these data on behalf of Google. Google will not publish the IP address of the user in connection with other Google data. Users may at any time prevent the recording and storage of data by Google Analytics, by installing a Google-approved browser plug-in which can be downloaded from the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
a) Universal Analytics
Engel & Völkers uses the Universal Analytics functions provided by Google. These functions allow Engel & Völkers to record and analyse socio-demographic data about users by means of a Google ID (if available) and by means of cookies generated by Google from advertising contents (DoubleClick). If a Google ID is available, the data controller will be able to record this data across all devices (e.g. if users have both a smartphone and a PC) for analysing visitor flows across all devices. Users may at any time prevent the recording and storage of data by Google Analytics by installing a Google-approved browser plug-in which can be downloaded from the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
This web site does not use profiling cookies.
Engel & Völkers needs statistical information on the use of the property app to make it more user-friendly. For this purpose, Engel & Völkers deploys the following analysis tools. The providers of the tools process data, where personal data are processed, as a processor in accordance with the instructions of Engel & Völkers.
To find out which other cookies the property app uses click here: https://www.engelvoelkers.com/en-de/privacy-policy-ag/doc/ev_cookies_lp.pdf
a) Google Analytics
If you want to opt out of Google Analytics tracking on iOS, go to your system settings and disable Google Analytics access in the Tracking section of the “Engel & Völkers Property Search” app.
If you want to opt out of tracking Google Analytics on Android, go to the app settings and disable Google Analytics access.
HockeyApp is provided by Microsoft (Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052-6399, USA). We use HockeyApp for error analyses and to improve the property app. If it crashes, the user may agree to submit a crash report to HockeyApp. A crash report includes information about the crash date and time, the affected software module, the operating system and language used, and the device type and IP address. The crash report will only be sent to HockeyApp once this has been specifically approved. The information contained in the crash report may be partially processed in the United States. HockeyApp is a service from Microsoft. Legal information about it can be found here:
Crashlytics is an analysis tool offered and operated by Crashlytics Inc., based in Cambridge, MA, USA. Crashlytics generates crash reports, i.e. reports about malfunctions or failures of the app, where and in which context these have occurred, how many users of the app are affected, etc. Engel & Völkers uses these reports to detect malfunctions or failures to be able to react faster, more purposefully and more efficiently in the interests of the users and to be able to improve the app technically. For this purpose, Crashlytics, together with the user’s Symphony-related app ID, which can be deleted at any time, records data on the crash and on general data of the respective IT environment (in particular on the used device, the mobile service provider and the operating system). If personal or pseudonymous data is included, Crashlytics will delete it within seven days. This information will give Crashlytics and subsequently Engel & Völkers insight into whether and how the app works and is used, especially the malfunctions and failures that occur. Further information is available at try.crashlytics.com/terms/privacy-policy.pdf.
Links to social media pages
This website contains links to the main social media network sites (e.g. Facebook and Instagram).
To prevent providers of a particular social media plug-in from gathering information about users, you may also log off from the social media network at the start of your visit to the website and delete any cookies present on your browser.
Plugins from Instagram: Instagram is operated by Instagram LLC., 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA („Instagram“). A list of Instagram plug-ins and their appearance can be found here:
Information on data protection by Instagram can be found here:
These are not embedded social media plug-ins, but a link through which no personal data is transmitted to the social media operators.
Rights of persons concerned
You have the right to information on the processing of your personal data (for example, the origin of this data, the processing purpose, the modalities of the data processing). Furthermore, on certain conditions, you are entitled, at any time, to object to data processing in the future, to limit it or to demand the deletion of the data. Finally, you can prevent the sending of advertising material or the implementation of market research or commercial communications at any time.
In summary, you have a right to:
• deletion (or to be forgotten)
• limitation of data processing
• data portability
• objection to the processing of your personal data
• complaint to the supervisory authorities
Please note that your right to deletion is subject to certain restrictions. For instance we need not or may not delete any data which we need to retain for a further period under a statutory retention period. Data needed by us for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims are also excepted from your right to deletion.
To exercise the above rights and to request information, users may write to the following e-mail address email@example.com or postal address Engel & Völkers Santa Cruz de Tenerife, EV Luxury Homes Tenerife S.L., Calle La Marina 21, Local 5, 38002 Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain. Similarly, users may at any time withdraw consent to, correct and delete the processing of their data.
The responsible authority for processing of data is EV Luxury Homes Tenerife S.L., Engel & Völkers Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Calle La Marina 21, Local 5, 38002 Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain. In the event of questions regarding our data processors, we are happy to make a current list of these available to you.
If you have questions about this data protection declaration or about data protection, please contact Engel & Völkers Santa Cruz de Tenerife:
Calle La Marina 21
38002 Santa Cruz de Tenerife
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
If you have a complaint regarding the way that we process your data, you have the opportunity to submit a complaint to the supervisory authority.