We often spend a lot of time in the living room of a house, what Feng Shui compliant tips do you have for the layout of a living room.
[Jill Lander] There are countless ways in which you can organize your precious living space. Depending on how you live and how you entertain, aim to design your home to suit your own living requirements.
Here are a few tips for your Living Room.
1. The living room should be located near the main door but not in the direct line. The room should be well lit and receive corrective lighting according to the orientation of the home, a chandelier is considered ideal lighting for the Yang area living room.
2. Ideally the living room should be of a regular shape and should not be too big or too small so it should occupy a balanced space within the overall floor area of the home.
3. If possible, the Living Room should be designated on the outer side of the home and not be located within the central area as this can lead to the family energy being 'trapped’.
4. Do not display pictures of fierce or aggressive animals or scenes.
5. Avoid exposed shelves as this can send out negative energy.
6. Display ‘family’ portraits or photographs in this ‘family’ area of the home.
Does the presence of abundant Feng Shui products help the flow of money into a home? What kind of products do you recommend?
[Jill Lander] I am a great believer in quality rather than quantity in regards to enhancing good Feng Shui. Good Feng Shui should be ‘felt rather than seen’ and I do not advocate to turn any precious space into a Feng Shui showroom. Therefore, I feel correctly placed water can be very potent. Also, the use of certain metal items when introduced as design accents in their natural form in tune with the individual's taste help to enhance good Feng Shui.
Do you wish to have a professional Feng Shui consultation with Feng Shui master Jill Lander? Jill is based in Hong Kong and has her own Feng Shui consultancy, Golden Elements. Appointments with Jill can be scheduled with our office. Do call or drop us a line at the earliest at +852 2561 3616 or email us email@example.com.