Whether it's your main residence or a holiday home a new home is always a very important decision. The truth is that more than having a "new home"it´s a decision that often represents a change in lifestyle. House or apartment? Of course that it all depend on each individual needs and personal preferences but in both cases there are some comom sense advantages and objections. Get to know some of them:
House: Some Advantages
- You can buy a Villa that it´s already built or design or build according to what you have in mind for your ideal home (the spaces you want, the way you want, the desired dimensions and the desired design)
- A Villa will allow you to have a private leisure area (such as a garden, barbecue or a swimming pool)
- You can have unrestricted pets and have more room for them
- You can do maintenance or remodeling work whenever you want without being limited by the construction schedule established by the condominium (as it happens in apartments)
- It has greater privacy and greater freedom.
- When you live in a house you will have minor concerns with the noises and, in principle, you will not hearthe sounds that come from the houses of the neighbors.
House: Possible objections
- Usually the houses are more expensive
- Houses have, potetially higher maintenance costs (with cleaning, swimmind pool or gardens, for exemple)Apartment: theadvantages
Apartment: Some Advantagens
- The price: when compared to house prices, by default, the apartments tend to be cheaper
- Have lower maintenance costs
- Normally are purchased already build
- They offer greater possibility of making new friendships throught the neighbors who live in the same building. I can be particularly interesting for those moving to a different city where thay do not know anyone.
Apartment: Possible objections
- The apartment offers less privacy than a house particularly in the use of common parts (such as swimming pools, gymnasiums, gardens, etc.). All these spaces are for common use by all condominium owners, which requires compliance with certain pre-established rules
- Freedom reduced, or null, to make modifications in the exterior of the house. You will have to obey the rules of the condominium to carry out remodeling and maintenance works
- It is subject to the noise of the neighbors and has to be more careful with the noise that makes (to have pets canrequire the redoubled care, for example)
- You have to participate in condominium meetings to decide issues related with the building (paymentof fees, completion of works, etc.);
It may or may not have a garage or private parking.