Nuno Carvalho, the estate agent at Agência Engel & Völkers Porto answers the following 7 questions:
1. What did you do before you became an estate agent?
Before becoming an estate agent, I spent much of my time studying and working to increase my experience and knowledge.
2. How long have you been an estate agent?
One and a half years.
3. What do you enjoy most about your work?
Above all, the autonomy, the healthy competitiveness, and the spirit of daily overcoming for the development of the activity.
4. From your point of view, what does it take to be a good real estate consultant?
In the first instance I believe resilience is needed. Subsequently, a natural state of "open mind" so that one simply absorbs what is really productive and is predisposed to something entirely new. Last but not least, an unreasonable ambition that brings us to above-average goals.
5. Do you have any experiences at work you want to share with us?
I honestly think the wealth of working in this field is reflected in such a multiplicity of remarkable experiences that it is easier to experience them rather than talk about them.
6. What does it mean for you as an agent to be supported by a brand such as Engel & Völkers?
It's important to have adequate experience that allows you to progress your career further.
7. What advice would you give to people who want to become estate agents and dare not take the step?
The biggest advice I can give has to be to listen to other people's advice and that's something that I make a point of putting into practice in my daily life: "Whenever you think you should say / do something, do / say exactly the opposite." So if you think this profession is not for you ... maybe it's time to take this advice!