We understand the needs and responsibilities of trustees and body corporates face when dealing with property management. We, therefore, recognise the significance of working with a trustworthy and experienced property management team.
At Engel & Völkers KZN Dolphin Coast, under the leadership of the notable property attorney and conveyancer, businesswoman Karien Hunter, we are committed to providing client-centric and transparent body corporate management services.
Here is an in-depth look at the body corporate management services we provide:
FINANCIAL ADMINISTRATION AND ACCOUNTING
Collection and administration of funds payable to the Body Corporate:
- All money received by the Body Corporate is deposited to the credit of an interest-bearing trust account, and the funds of each Body Corporate are dealt with separately.
- At the request of the Body Corporate, accounts can also be opened in the name of the Body Corporate.
Verification and payment of all accounts payable:
- Accounts for payment of service providers and municipalities are verified and payments made.
Reporting on a monthly basis:
- The Trustees are provided with regular monthly management accounts including comparisons of income and expenditure to the budget.
- The members are provided with levy statements comprising levies, utility charges and other costs that may have been incurred by the Body Corporate or Home Owners Association, on a monthly basis.
- Full records of the administration and books of account of the Body Corporate are kept to which the Trustees shall have access to at all times, electronically or on hard copy.
Preparation of an annual estimate of income and expenditure and Reserve Fund:
- The preparation of estimates of income and expenditure and Reserve Fund contributions which are submitted to the Trustees or Management Committee of the Home Owners Association, for approval and submission to the members for approval at their Annual General Meeting.
- Arrange the annual audit and on completion, submission of the audited statements to all stakeholders.
- Arrange the Annual General Meeting (one per year) and on request, quarterly meetings of the Board of Trustees or managing committee of the Home Owners Association.
- Preparation, keeping and submission of agendas and minutes of the Annual General Meeting to relevant stakeholders.
- Generally, to assist and advise on procedural matters such as general meetings, special general meetings, quorums, proxies, resolutions and voting rights.
- Assist the Board of Trustees or Management Committee of the Home Owners Association in the determination of replacement values, arranging for valuations where required and obtaining competitive insurance premiums.
- Arrange for the insurance of buildings and improvements as well as other insurance the Body Corporate or Home Owners Association may require.
- Handle insurance claims in regard to the common property.
- Attend to correspondence on behalf of the Body Corporate or Home Owners Association as may be directed by the Body Corporate or Home Owners Association.
- Store all records and also retrieve such documents on request.
- File amended rules with the Ombudsman and attend to all secretarial duties in relation to the Ombudsman.
- Issue levy clearance certificates.
LEGAL ADVICE AND CONFLICT HANDLING
- Attend to provide advice on any legal matter, and providing support to the Trustees in conflict handling, at a fee to be agreed upon in each instance.
MAINTENANCE AND REPAIRS
- Handle all complaints and reports of maintenance and repairs.
- Assist trustees to source professional persons, firms or other organisations for work to be done on the common property or for the Body Corporate generally and to effect payment for such repairs and maintenance.
- Attend to the payment of salaries and wages, and the statutory payments in respect of such staff, in accordance with relevant legislation.
- Generally, to provide a service to its Body Corporate and Home Owners Association clients to ensure compliance of all legislative requirements in respect of all of the matters set out above.
Engel & Völkers Dolphin Coast provides Sectional Title Management and Scheme Management services and ensures compliance of the Sectional Titles Act, the Sectional Titles Management Act and the Community Schemes Ombud Service Act. The services are provided under the supervision and control of the Trustees of the Home Owners Association or Body Corporate.
What Our Clients Say
"We, Chartwell Group, are a national business which develops, sells houses and provides home loans to aspirant homeowners in the emerging middle market segment.
We have worked with Karien Hunter. on developments in the Durban area, the most recent being a 350-unit residential development at Bridge City involving eThekwini Municipality and the Tongaat Group. Karien provided us with advice on the structuring of this complex transaction including on the acquisition and consolidation of land in this new city precinct, on the funding of the acquisition transaction, on legal security arrangements and on various broader commercial issues relating to this ground-breaking project.
Without reservation, we would recommend Karien and her firm to any prospective client. Karien is not only a highly capable lawyer, an astute business person, but has displayed, in all our dealings, the highest integrity, always placing our best interests first."
- Michael Bolton, CEO
For more information on our body corporate management services, please contact Ingrid Meulenaere on 031 880 0989.