Sectional Title and Scheme Management Services
Engel & Völkers KZN Dolphin Coast: Our Body Corporate Management Services
Engel & Völkers Dolphin Coast provides our clients with quality Sectional Title Management, Scheme Management Services and ensures Sectional Titles Act, Sectional Titles Management Act and the Community Schemes Ombud Service Act compliance.
These body corporate management services are provided under the supervision and control of the Trustees of the Home Owners Association or Body Corporate.
● Collection and administration of funds payable to the Body Corporate: All monies
received by the Body Corporate are deposited to the credit of an interest-bearing trust
account, and the funds of each Body Corporate are dealt with separately.
At the request of the Body Corporate, accounts can also be opened in the name of the
● Verification and payment of all accounts payable: Accounts for payment of service
providers and municipalities are verified and payments made.
● Reporting on a monthly basis: The Trustees are provided with regular monthly
management accounts including comparisons of income and expenditure to the budget.
● The members are provided with levy statements comprising levies, utility charges and
other costs that may have been incurred by the Body Corporate or Home Owners
● Record keeping: Full records of the administration and books of account of the Body
Corporate are kept to which the Trustees shall have access to at all times, electronically
or on hard copy.
● Preparation of an annual estimate of income and expenditure and Reserve Fund: The
preparation of estimates of income and expenditure and Reserve Fund contributions
which are submitted to the Trustees or Management Committee of the Home Owners
Association, for approval and submission to the members for approval at their Annual
● Annual audit: Arrange the annual audit and on completion, submission of the audited
statements to all stakeholders.
● Arrange Meetings: We will arrange one Annual General Meeting and on request,
quarterly meetings of the Board of Trustees or managing committee of the Home
● Preparation: Storing and submission of agendas and minutes of the Annual General
Meeting to relevant stakeholders.
general meetings, quorums, proxies, resolutions and voting rights.
● Assist the Board of Trustees or Management Committee of the Home Owners
Association in the determination of replacement values, arranging for valuations where
required and obtaining competitive insurance premiums.
● Arrange for the insurance of buildings and improvements as well as other insurance the
Body Corporate or Home Owners Association may require.
● Handle insurance claims in regard to the common property.
● Attend to correspondence on behalf of the Body Corporate or Home Owners Association
as may be directed by the Body Corporate or Home Owners Association.
● Store all records and also retrieve such documents on request.
● File amended rules with the Ombudsman and attend to all secretarial duties in relation to
● Issue levy clearance certificates.
With the support and backing of our License Partner and renowned property lawyer Karien
Hunter, Engel & Völkers KZN Dolphin Coast will attend to provide advice on any legal matter,
and providing support to the Trustees in conflict handling, at a fee to be agreed upon in each
● Handle all complaints and reports of maintenance and repairs.
● Assist trustees to source professional persons, firms or other organisations for work to
be done on the common property or for the Body Corporate generally and to effect
payment for such repairs and maintenance.
● Attend to the payment of salaries and wages, and the statutory payments in respect of
such staff, in accordance with relevant legislation.
● Generally, to provide a service to its Body Corporate and Home Owners Association
clients to ensure compliance of all legislative requirements in respect of all of the matters
set out above.