The twenty-first edition of the Barcelona Meeting Point has now come to an end and it is time to draw conclusions about it. Based on the data in hand, the event can only be described as a total success for the organisation and in particular for the participating companies like Engel & Völkers.
General details about Barcelona Meeting Point 2017
The Barcelona Meeting Point is an annual event that seeks to bring together the main players in the current real estate segment. Organised by the consortium of Barcelona Free Zone, the twenty-first edition has concluded with what appeared to be a resounding success both in attendance as well as sales.
Jordi Cornet, the Special Delegate of the State in the Consortium of the Barcelona Free Zone and President of Barcelona Meeting Point, has made special emphasis on this event's success. In fact, he noted that despite the event having been held in 'exceptional' conditions due to the political situation in Barcelona, it has managed to record 'an increase in commercial activity compared to previous editions'. He also emphasised that 'the satisfaction of participating companies has been widespread', which demonstrates the effectiveness of the Barcelona Meeting Point.
Who attended the Barcelona Meeting Point?
Invesop, the company that specialised in conducting market research, has been responsible for recording the event's attendance through a series of surveys. The data provided by Invesop is extremely revealing.
For example, 61% of the visitors were men and 39% were women with an average age of 46 years. In addition, out of the total, 51% said this was the first time they attended the Barcelona Meeting Point, while the remaining 49% had already attended the previous year's edition or some of its predecessors. All in all, 85% said they would recommend this event to a friend for finding a home.
What were the visitors looking for?
Based on the survey's results, it was revealed that 47% visited the Barcelona Meeting Point out of pure interest while the other 45% did so for professional reasons. What's more, 23% came to the event looking to buy their main home. In contrast, 7% did so with the purpose of buying a second residence. Likewise, 1.5% were seeking commercial premises, warehouses or offices. In addition, 31.5% came to the Fira Barcelona venue with the firm intention of buying real estate.
Only 4% of those present expressed an interest in renting, which indicates that the property market in Barcelona is currently an excellent investment opportunity. In any case, as a final fact, it is estimated that 10% of the attendees will be making a property purchase at the Barcelona Meeting Point or within the next few days. When comparing this figure to last year's edition, (34,000 people attended), it is 1000 more than before.
Engel & Völkers' success at the Barcelona Meeting Point
As a leading real estate company in the luxury sector in Barcelona, Spain and Europe, Engel & Völkers could not miss an event as important as this. In fact, its participation, once completed, can only be categorised as a resounding success that has been adopted by the firm commitment to provide investors with totally different experiences than usual.
Specifically, the company set up a 'stand' that gave priority to digital elements over conventional ones. In this way, it had the opportunity to display viewings and virtual tours on buildings and housing complexes, which provided a much more realistic and spectacular experience to those who came to the company's booth. In fact, thanks to the virtual glasses provided and the augmented reality systems available, visitors could closely see all that awaited them should they decide to buy any of the available properties.
Engel & Völkers' conclusions on the Barcelona Meeting Point 2017
It is virtually impossible to put a figure on how many people approached the Engel & Völkers' stand in order to get a digital experience of viewing properties. However, it is clear, just by being there, that there were many people showing interest. This, together with the informal and friendly reception, can only define the company's participation in the event as a resounding success. Thanks to this event, the brand has managed to further expand its name, reach out to more public segments and enhance its image as well as finding the perfect buyers for a good number of properties in the catalogue. All in all, visitors could find the house of their dreams through the company's property portfolio.