The property market in Barcelona is on the increase. Prices have been rising due to high demand and low supply. It has been estimated that properties located in the historic centre of Barcelona take no more than two weeks to rent.
How to find the perfect property when you come to work in Barcelona
Some tricks to find the perfect property
Whether it's for temporary work, holidays, or permanent stay, for those people looking for a house in Barcelona, there are some guidelines that should be taken into account:
- It is very important that the house has good insulation. In addition, air conditioning is an essential factor. Because of Spain's location, the climate in Barcelona can be extreme. There are hot summers and humid and cold winters. The apartment must therefore, have a good heating system and an air conditioning system.
- It is advisable to check the condition of the property before moving in. However, don't wait too long before making a decision as the apartment might not be on the market for long.
- Apartments that require renovation or are unfurnished should also be considered.
- The house prices in the centre of Barcelona are varied but the prices on the outskirts of the city can be almost half. In addition, in these areas the traffic problem is less, there are more parking spaces and greater tranquility.
Some very interesting neighbourhoods
Barcelona has several neighbourhoods, each with their own special and unique charm:
- The Barceloneta neighbourhood: It is the ideal place to enjoy the best Mediterranean sun. Originally a fishermen area, it is currently one of the most beautiful and charming places. The perfect combination of metropolitan services with the most relaxing beach views.
- El Born: It is a neighbourhood that was created in the Middle Ages. It is one of the oldest in Barcelona. Here we can find monuments, fashionable shops, restaurants for all tastes, etc. There are many possibilities that can be enjoyed in this area. The Picasso Museum and the Santa Caterina Market deserve special mention.
- Eixample: The Eixample neighbourhood equals modernism including: Gaudí's art, the impressive Casa Batlló, the curious and wonderful building of La Pedrera and the fascinating Sagrada Familia.
- Grácia: A very picturesque and beautiful area, originally an independent town in Barcelona. This dynamic area has a great nightlife, full of restaurants, cafes and artistic boutiques. Staying in this neighbourhood brings much tranquility and it benefits from excellent connections with the rest of the city.
- Gothic Quarter: Its narrow curving streets and medieval architecture will take anyone to Barcelona's intense past. There is a cathedral, Plaça Reial and the Cataluña government buildings in Sant Jaume Plaza.
The best option
The rental market in Barcelona is still booming but it is still not easy to find a good apartment. The most effective way is to use the services of real estate experts who have sufficient experience and knowledge. With Engel & Völkers, your options are vast so make the right choice with the best professionals.