At the beginning of 2017, the access to credit through different channels by banks and the real estate market is encouraging further investment in plots of land as well as other types of real estate assets.
Among all the European cities, Barcelona remains one of the best alternatives to invest in the tertiary sector such as in flats, office premises, and also in plots of land.
Tips to keep in mind before you buy
• It is important to do your research by analysing all your options in terms of price appreciation and growth potential.
• What is the best type of loan for investment? There are different options and it is necessary to find the one that best suits the preferences and needs of the possible investor.
• When calculating the monthly mortgage payment, the investor must ensure that this fee does not exceed 40% of the net income.
• Location is still a key factor when it comes to buying a property in Barcelona. The proximity of public transport, parks and green areas, shopping and educational centres can be the biggest success or failure aspects.
• You have to be able to make a decision at the right time. An objective knowledge of the market is as important as the ability to make the decision when the right circumstances arise.
Two investment examples by Engel & Völkers
Land with stunning views of Barcelona
With a total area of 2,731 sqm, this large plot is suitable for the construction of a house that's approximately 1,000 sqm, in the privileged surroundings of Pedralbes. This plot of land isn't on a steep slope, which makes it an excellent investment opportunity.
Based on the urbanism regulations in the area, the investor is allowed to build a single-family house on three floors including a basement. It offers the interested investor a projected construction plan so that he can get an idea about the possibilities offered by the land.