Refurbished Mansion in Asturias
Located in Santiago de Abres about 6 kilometers from Vegadeo, in the center of an area of park that reaches about sixteen thousand square meters, all surrounded by a stone wall.
It is also known as Castillo de Abres. The first references to its origin are in relation to the tower and date back to 1495. A century later, in 1597, it became part of the Miranda lineage.
It is a sober ensemble that maintains the characteristic appearance of the Galician pazos and concentrates all the ornamental Baroque expression on the axis of the entrance door, crowned by a pediment in which the coat of arms of the Miranda, Osorio, Castrillón and Moscoso families is found and the year in which this body is attached to the tower, 1674.
In 2003 it was acquired by its current owners who have carried out an important work of rehabilitation, both of the house and the different buildings that accompany it as well as of the splendid park that surrounds it.
The set is singular and consists of diverse buildings: chapel, house of pilgrims, dovecote, house of the butler, bread basket and stables.
It is worth mentioning the different treatment of the wall in each one of the buildings, combining parts such as the plastering of the main façade, the exposed slate sillarejo wall or the heavily worked sillar, especially in the main door and on the balcony of the upper floor, with very characteristic Baroque elements.