South Tyrol is Italy's No. 1 business location. Independent studies and rankings confirm this fact. What are the reasons behind this? The province offers attractive subsidies, and a bilingual, extremely business-friendly economic environment set apart by top performance and a strong capacity for innovation.
South Tyrol’s very unique aces up its sleeve are its strategic location between North and South and its two cultures and languages. This makes the Land of Mountains an ideal location from which to enter into the Italian market, which comprises 60 million consumers.
Italy´s number 1 Location:
- Targeted development of the economy and infrastructure: contributions such as for research and development, continuing education of employees, exports and business start-ups, rent subsidies for newly formed companies, etc.
- A reliable, efficient and bilingual public administration
- A pro-business attitude and a great deal of stability thanks to South Tyrol’s autonomous status, which allows for an independent economic policy
- Italy's highest concentration of top companies (according to the CRIF rating agency)
- Pioneer in the area of renewable energy and energy efficiency
- World market leader in the Alpine technologies sector
- Lowest tax burden in Italy: maximum reduction of the IRAP (regional production tax) to 2.98 per cent. Further reduction to 2.5 per cent under certain conditions (see below). Starting in 2013: five years of IRAP exemption for all start-up businesses in South Tyrol.
Information taken from www.bls.info