It is a proven fact that tennis is a healthy sport. In addition to the benefits it can bring to our body, like burning the excess fat, it also improves our overall cardiovascular health, maintain the energy we need for our day to day anxiety and stress management as well as help us meet new people.
Where to play tennis in Barcelona?
Barcelona, a variety of places to play tennis
In Barcelona there is a good deal of places to practice tennis, join clubs, and rent tracks by the hour. Here are some suggestions:
- The Royal Tennis Club of Barcelona, (El Real Club de tenis de Barcelona), Pedralbes, has become the most prestigious club in Spain, as far as tennis is concerned. It is not only known locally, but also at international level. Among the events covered, the famous tennis tournament Conde de Godó has taken place here. More than 600 students take their tennis lessons at this club.
- The Barcino Tennis Club (El Club de tenis Barcino) is one of the veterans of the city. It is located in the district of Sarriá-Sant Gervasi, with extensive gardens and green spaces. Its enviable environment provides wide-ranging facilities for many sports. These facilities include 11 tennis courts and two mini clay tennis courts.
- Club esportiu Laietá. 15 tennis courts and many other sporting facilities occupy 22,000 square metres of this club. There are over 460 students learning how to play tennis. The esportiu club is located next to the FC Barcelona football stadium, Camp Nou, in the district of Les Corts.
- The tennis club, Vall Parc, is located on the hill and offers many facilities and a tennis school for people of all ages. In addition to classes, this club organises many activities including, mini Olympics, official competitions, tournaments on the weekends, etc.
- Tennis Meridiana. This tennis school uses a modern and innovative system for teaching, from initiating competition to training, private lessons, and tailored services for students.
- At the University of Barcelona there are also six clay courts that can be rented for a very affordable price.
- In Paseo del Valle de Hebron in Barcelona, there are no less than 24 tennis courts. This was also the place that hosted the finals at the Barcelona Olympics 92.
- Real Sociedad de Tenis Pompeya. Located in Montjuïc area, it boasts spectacular views across town.
- Club Natació Montjuïc. In addition to many of its facilities, the Club Natació Montjuïc stands out for its 10 tennis courts.