This data protection statement for the use of the website https://www.engelvoelkers.com/en-es/mallorca/santamaria/ (hereinafter referred to as "the website") and the Property Search App, a mobile application for property searches (hereinafter referred to as “property app”) is valid as of May 25th 2018.
EV Mallorca Property SL in its function as the responsible body (hereinafter referred to as "Engel & Völkers") hereby informs its users that
- by using the website, personal data about them will be processed, in particular:
● Personally identifiable data (e.g. e-mail address, given name, family name, title, address, telephone number – hereinafter referred to as "data" or "personally identifiable data") provided by users when they register with the website (e.g. via contact inquiries and newsletter subscription);
● Personally identifiable data transmitted by the user's internet browser each time they access the website. This data is stored in log files, which are also known as server log files. This data includes: IP address (Internet Protocol address) of the accessing computer; name of the page accessed; date and time of access; related URL from which the user accesses the page; amount of transmitted data; status message for successful access; session ID number.
- by using the Property App, personal data about them will be processed, in particular:
● e-mail address, first name, surname, title, address, telephone number provided by users at the time of sending an enquiry;
● Whenever the app is accessed, the usage data of the respective app user is saved. This data comprises: operating system used and, if applicable, the browser type, current language setting of the smartphone, information about the Internet service provider of the user, name of the retrieved page and, if applicable, the origin page, date and time of retrieval, amount of data transmitted, status report on whether the retrieval was successful, session identification number.
Purpose of Data Processing
Engel & Völkers, as a responsible authority,
- processes the personal data of website users for the following purposes:
● Fulfilment of user inquiries (e.g. handling contact inquiries, handling requests for regular e-newsletters with advertising information on property listings from Engel & Völkers)
● To allow users to register on the website;
● Technical management of the website and its operative features, including the resolution of technical problems, statistical analysis, tests and research;
● To prevent fraudulent activity or misuse of the website or in connection with the website;
● In order to comply with the requirements of the applicable laws, to protect the security of an individual and the rights and property of Engel & Völkers and to prevent deception or security or technical problems.
The legal basis for the processing of personally identifiable data is Art. 6 I lit. a, b and f of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The legitimate interest of Engel & Völkers entails the processing of personal data for direct marketing purposes per Art. 6 I lit. f GDPR.
- processes the personal data of Property App users for the following purposes:
● Fulfilment of the requests of the app users (legal basis of the data collection is the consent of the user in accordance with Art. 6(1)(a) EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)). Analysis of the property app to determine usage behaviour (legal basis is the legitimate interest of Engel & Völkers in analysing user behaviour in our Property App for the purpose of continuously improving this or adapting it to the interests of our users);
The Nature of the Provision of Personally Identifiable Data and the Consequences of Refusal
The provision of personal data by the user is voluntary. You can freely decide whether to provide personally identifiable data to Engel & Völkers and you may revoke previously declared consent to the processing of personal data. This revocation may lead to it no longer being possible to use the Engel & Völkers website.
The processing of users' personally identifiable data is done only where necessary and is done exclusively electronically, in particular by: Collection, registration, organisation, storage, consulting, processing, modification, selection, extraction, comparison, use, interconnection, access and communication, blocking, deletion and destruction of data. The processing operations can be performed electronically and non-electronically.
Access to Data
The personally identifiable data are processed by Engel & Völkers, in particular by
● Employees and consultants who are entitled to administer the website and Property App and provide the related services;
● Third-party companies (e.g. IT service providers, hosting providers, etc.) to which Engel & Völkers has outsourced services with processing operations as part of order processing.
Information about Data
As the responsible body, we can provide information about your personally identifiable data. This information can only be provided for the following purposes:
• In the case of fulfilment of legal obligations or obligations under regulations and directives of national or European legislation;
• For defence in court in cases of legal dispute.
Transfer of Data
If your contact request concerns products or services from other companies in the Engel & Völkers Group, Engel & Völkers will transmit the personally identifiable data you enter in this case to the respective company from the Engel & Völkers Group. There will be no further transfer of your personally identifiable data by Engel & Völkers.
Transfer of Data to Non-EEA Countries
In general, Engel & Völkers does not transfer personally identifiable data to non-EEA countries. The servers used by Engel & Völkers are located within the European Union.
Storage and Deletion of Data
Engel & Völkers stores personally identifiable data for the time necessary to fulfil the purposes for which said data is collected and processed, including any retention period required by applicable law (e.g. retention of accounting records), in each case for a maximum of 24 months after the collection of personally identifiable information.
The website uses the following technical cookies:
To save the language selection: _icl_visitor_lang_js, _icl_current_language, evlocale.
To save the selection of units of measure: engelundvoelkersconfig.
To save recent searches: LAST_SEARCH.
To save the ID of the watch list: watchlist_id.
To save the test assignment for AB tests: user_ab.
To store allocation to distributed systems for load balancers: BIGipServergroup-rz-webfe-prod.
Engel & Völkers informs users that they can disable or remove cookies in their web browser following the instructions on the following links:
● Internet Explorer ((https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies).
● Mozilla Firefox (https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored).
● Safari (https://support.apple.com/kb/PH19214?viewlocale=en_US&locale=de_DE).
In detail these are:
a) Google Analytics
Engel & Völkers uses the Google Analytics web analytics service provided by Google Inc. ("Google") to analyse the use of the web pages. The information that is generated from cookies on the use of the websites are usually transmitted to a Google server in the US and stored there. Engel & Völkers uses Google Analytics exclusively with the extension "ga ('set', 'anonymizeIp', true)" to ensure that IP addresses are processed only as a shortened version and to exclude a direct reference to individuals. Google may disclose data to third parties as long as it is legally required to do so or insofar as third parties process data on behalf of Google. Google will not disclose the user's IP address in conjunction with other Google data.
Users can prevent the recording and storage of data by Google Analytics at any time by installing the Google-issued browser plug-in, which can be downloaded from the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en-GB
b) Universal Analytics
Engel & Völkers uses the universal analytics features provided by Google. With these features, Engel & Völkers can record and analyse socio-demographic information about users through a Google ID (if available) and Google-generated advertising cookies (DoubleClick). If a Google ID is available, the data controller will also record that data across all devices (for example, if users use a smartphone and a PC) to analyse traffic across all devices.
Users can prevent Google from recording and storing data at any time by installing a Google-issued browser plug-in that can be downloaded from the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en-GB
c) Google Remarketing and Retargeting
Google also offers users the ability to manage their own cookies for advertising parameters: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en-GB
d) Facebook Remarketing and Retargeting
Users can disable targeted advertising via Facebook remarketing technology by disabling the use of third-party cookies on the Facebook Advertising Initiative deactivation page at the following link: http://optout.networkadvertising.org/
This web site does not use profiling cookies.
Social Media Plug-Ins
This website uses social media plug-ins offered the by major social networks (e.g. Facebook and Twitter). When you visit the website, browser data can be transferred directly to the respective social networks, even without direct user interaction. Users acknowledge and agree that the operation of social networking plug-ins is managed directly by the company offering the respective plug-in. When users use the plug-ins via the website (e.g. log in with their access data to a social network or link their accounts), they click on the respective button (such as Facebook's "Like" or "Share" buttons) and connect with the server of this social network, which then sends the content of the plug-in directly to the user's browser.
In particular, the website uses:
This website uses Facebook social plug-ins operated by Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA ("Facebook"). If users access the Engel & Völkers pages via Facebook or vice versa, the user's browser will create a direct link to Facebook servers.
If the user is logged on to Facebook, Facebook can assign the user's visit to his or her Facebook account. When the user interacts with the plugins, for example by clicking on the "Like" button or posting a comment, the respective information is transferred directly from the user's browser to Facebook and stored there. The purpose and scope of the processing of data by Facebook, in addition to the respective user rights and settings options for the protection of their privacy, can be found in the Facebook Data Policy (https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/).
b) Google "+1"
The Website uses the +1 interface of the Google Plus social network operated by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA ("Google"). When the user presses the +1 button, the user's browser will connect directly to Google servers. The content of the +1 interface is transmitted directly from Google to the user's browser and is integrated into the website from there. The purpose and scope of the processing of data by Google, in addition to the respective user rights and settings options for the protection of their privacy, can be found in the +1 Buttons Policy (https://developers.google.com/+/web/buttons-policy).
The website uses the features of the Twitter microblogging service offered by Twitter, Inc., 795 Folsom Street, Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA. By using the Twitter features, the websites visited by the user are linked to their Twitter account and made known to other users. During this process, data is also transferred to Twitter.
To prevent the providers of the respective social media plug-ins from gathering information about users, the latter can log out of the social-media network at the beginning of their visit to the website and delete any possible cookie from their browser.
Rights of the data subject
You are entitled to receive information about the processing of your personally identifiable data (for example the origin of this data, the purpose of the processing, the modalities of data processing). Furthermore, you are entitled at any time to object to the processing of data for the future, to restrict it, or to demand the deletion of the data. Finally, you can prevent the sending of promotional material or the execution of market research or commercial communications at any time.
To summarize, you have a right to:
- Deletion (or to be forgotten),
- Limitation of data processing,
- Data transferability,
- Object to the processing of your personally identifiable data,
- Complain to supervisory authorities.
To exercise the above rights and request information, users can write to the following e-mail address email@example.com or the postal address Engel & Völkers - EV Mallorca Property SL, C/ Marqués de la Fontsanta 45A, 07320 Santa Maria del Camí, Mallorca, Spain. In the same way, users can revoke, correct and delete their data at any time.
You have also provided us with your email address for receiving newsletters and email advertising. If you are not interested in receiving our regular newsletters in the future, you can unsubscribe without the need to give any reasons for doing so. Simply send us an e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The responsible body for data processing is Engel & Völkers - EV Mallorca Property SL, C/ Marqués de la Fontsanta 45A, 07320 Santa Maria del Camí, Mallorca, Spain. If you have any questions about our data processors, we will be happy to provide you with an up-to-date list of them.
email@example.com or telephone: +34 902877192
If you have a complaint about the way we process your information, you can lodge a complaint with the regulator. This is:
https://www.agpd.es/ (“Agencia Española de Protección de Datos”)