Since the company’s formation in 1977, Engel & Völkers has consistently enjoyed record levels of revenue growth that continue to this day. The Engel & Völkers network is among the largest and most successful in the real estate sector worldwide. What does this mean for you as a licensee? And what are the qualities you need to succeed as an Engel & Völkers licensed partner?
Sector experience an advantage – but not essential
Do you have an entrepreneurial personality? Then you already have the decisive potential as far as we are concerned. Our experience with people from different professional backgrounds shows that communication skills, leadership qualities and entrepreneurial thinking and action are among the key factors for the success of a franchise partner. Sector experience is desirable and an advantage, but not essential. The most important success factors for an Engel & Völkers licensed partner are:
- Goal-oriented, entrepreneurial personality with good communication skills
- Experience managing a team: management and HR experience an advantage
- Strong sales skills, good network and an interest in people
- Ideally a background in real estate
- Motivated, ambitious and enthusiastic attitude
We offer our licensed partners comprehensive support in their area
As an Engel & Völkers licensee, you will have an exclusive, clearly defined licence area. This will be further divided into submarkets. A separate real estate consultant will be responsible for each individual submarket under your management. To help you achieve market leadership in your area, all of your real estate consultants will be perfectly equipped. In addition to systematic training in our academy, this includes innovative apps as well as CRM, controlling and marketing tools.
Become a franchise partner: how to obtain an exclusive Engel & Völkers licence
As a licensed partner with your own property shop, you will benefit from our franchise model, which has been tried and tested worldwide, as well as our pioneering system platform and limitless sales opportunities. There are two ways to obtain a licence or to become a franchise partner:
- Acquire a vacant licence
The traditional route is to acquire a licence for a vacant area. You can find an overview of vacant areas in Switzerland here. The start-up phase includes finding and setting up a property shop as well as raising awareness of the Engel & Völkers brand in your territory. If you cannot find a suitable area on the website, contact us anyway! We are always on the lookout for successors in established territories.
- Benefit from succession planning
Sometimes licences become available in established licence areas. If you are interested in a licence territory not currently listed under the ‘Vacant licence areas’, please contact us.
Why become an Engel & Völkers licensed partner? Competitive advantages
The reputation of the Engel & Völkers brand opens all doors for you as a licensee to become the market leader in your licence area. We will actively support and closely accompany you as you set up your shop and establish your area. With our help, you’ll conquer your market in no time! Here are just a few of the advantages of becoming one of our franchise partners:
- Vastly simplified acquisition of properties, purchasers and personnel
- High brand recognition thanks to our established worldwide network of shops
- Digital platform with state-of-the-art controlling, performance and sales tools
- Extensive range of marketing tools: presentation and marketing of all properties in your area
- In-house company academy with practical seminars, coaching and webinars for you and your team
- Access to a global network of the finest properties and corresponding clientèle
As an Engel & Völkers licensee, you can expect excellent entrepreneurial prospects and a broad range of growth opportunities. Our countless success stories speak for themselves. Now it’s time to write yours!