1929 - 1989: The Piscine Molitor, a place of history
Inaugurated in 1929, the Piscine Molitor became a cult location of the 16th arrondissement of Paris. With its ideal setting, the Piscine Molitor is a venue that can be added to the list of the many sports associations of the Bois de Boulogne - the Polo Club of Paris; the Rolland Garros stadium; the Racing Club de France, now the Lagardère Paris Racing; and the Tir aux Pigeons - a clay pigeon shooting centre. It has been the most trusted and popular pool in Paris for over 60 years.
The astonishing Art Deco décor attracts many visitors and has been a popular venue for celebrations and organised events for many years. The Piscine Molitor has two pools, one indoor and the other outdoor, and in winter, this pool is used as a large skating rink.
In 1989, however, sixty years after its inauguration, the future of the historic pool came into question and it was closed to the public. The once-hallowed place was abandoned and fell into disrepair - although many artists returned to illegally tag the walls.
From 2008 to the present: The rebirth of the Piscine Molitor
In 2008, a reconstruction project was agreed by the city of Paris, which invested 80 million euros for the redevelopment of the initial two pools, and a hotel complex, a restaurant, bar and a sports club with spa.
Work began in 2011. Three years later, the Piscine Molitor officially reopened to the delight of Parisians. Located just steps from the Boulevard Murat, and the Bois de Boulogne, in the heart of the district of Auteuil, the Piscine Molitor, once a sadly abandoned cult place, is again "the place to be."
Here is some information on how to enjoy the Piscine Molitor
- Breakfast, Early Swim: 7 am to 9:30 am on weekdays only
- Lunch with the Chef's Menu, Swim and Lunch: From 11h to 14h on weekdays only
- The Aperitif Buffet Supper, Swim and Drunch: From 17h to 20h every Sunday
- Brunch Dominical, Swim & Brunch: From 11h to 15h every Sunday
- Swim and Hair: One private 30-minute swimming lesson, followed by a blow dry at the Spa from Wednesday to Thursday from 10am to 20pm
- Happy Hour at the Bar, Swim and Drink: Thursday to Sunday
- Dining Out, Swim and Dinner: Valid on weekdays only
La Piscine Molitor
13 rue Nungesser et Coli, 75016 Paris
Tél.: +33 (0) 1 56 07 08 50
Are you interested in buying an apartment or a house, or selling your property in Paris?
If so, we are at your service to respond to your needs, in the same way as we would on behalf of our most demanding clients.
Crédit photos: Ludwig Favre