Golden Visa and Property Investment, Lagos, Algarve, Portugal
The Golden Visa Programme in Portugal has proven to be the most popular scheme in Europe.
The most attractive part of the visa is that after 5 years you can apply for permanent residency within Portugal and after 6 years you can apply for citizenship and the basic requirements to qualify is, the initial investment, a clean criminal record and the ability to spend a minimum of 7 days in Portugal each year.
The holder of Golden Residence Permit for Investment Activity have the right to family regrouping (Children & Parents) to gain a residency permit in Portugal.
Once residency has been granted you will have the right to live, work and study anywhere within the European Union, once citizenship has been granted you will become a European citizen and will have the same rights of anyone in Portugal.
INVESTMENT POSSIBILITIES :
1) Acquisition of property with a value of minimum € 500.000
2) Acquisition of property above € 350.000 for property more than 30 years old or located in areas of urban renovation.
3) Transfer of capital with a value equal or above € 1,000.000
4) Transfer of capital of at least €350.000, destined to acquire units in investment or venture capital funds aimed at providing capital to small and medium-sized companies that meet certain requirements.
5) Transfer of capital of at least € 350.000, invested in research carried out by public or private scientific research institutions that are part of the national scientific and technological system;
6) Transfer of capital of the amount of €350.000, or higher, for constitution of a commercial society with head office in the national territory, combined with the creation of 5 permanent working jobs;
7) Transfer of capital above € 250.000 for artistic or cultural activities
8) Creation of at least 10 jobs without minimum investment value.
Requirements for the investors:
The investment has to be kept for at least 5 years
Funds for investments should come from abroad
Entry in Portugal with a valid Schengen Visa
Portuguese Fiscal number
Declaration from the Tax- department and Social security proving the absence of debts
Absence of references in the Portuguese Immigration and the Schengen services
Absence of conviction of relevant crime
Criminal record of the country of residency
Health insurance valid in Portugal
Proof of income and address
Minimum stay in Portugal, 7 days during the first year and fourteen days during each subsequent period of two years
For more detailed information, please have a look here: